Our 24/7 pharmacists work for you and your patients
See how Optum Home Delivery can save time for you and your staff, and reduce costs. We help patients get their medications, when and where they need them.
Simplifying the delivery of medications
Minimize delays and avoid both cancelations and additional outreach by using our e-tools and online resources.
Electronic Prescribing (eRx) to Optum Rx
Utilize real-time benefit check
Med non-adherence can account for up to 50% of treatment failures
An Optum study shows that our home delivery pharmacy consistently ranks higher in medication adherence performance than retail pharmacies.* 1, 2
Driving better clinical outcomes
Improve medication adherence and patient outcomes
Patients with chronic conditions are more adherent to their medication with home delivery.
Optum Rx Change Request allows for script clarifications within EHR
Improve patient satisfaction
Patients get free standard shipping, convenient patient refills & more
Offer Multi-meds solution
Great option for patients taking 7 plus medications per day.
Formulary Updates for Providers
*What do we mean by “adherence”? Simply put, adherent patients use their medications as directed. We use Proportion of Days Covered, or PDC, as used by the Pharmacy Quality Alliance, a recognized standards-setting organization.
- Percentage Adherent Utilizers - Retail 30 vs. Retail 90 vs. Home Delivery 90, MAPD Population, 2021
- Pages-Puigdemont N, Mangues MA, Masip M, et al. Patients’ perspective of medication adherence in chronic conditions: a qualitative study. AdvTher. 2016: 33(10):1740-1754.
- Internal calculation of patient cost savings assuming 2.5 copay at Home Delivery, Commercial population.
- Internal Optum Rx analysis.
- Kaiser Family Foundation, kff.org 2019 poll.
- Campbell P.J., Patel M., et al. Systematic review and meta-analysis of community pharmacy error rates in the USA: 1993-2015. BMJ Open Quality v.7.
- Internal NPS Scorecard, 2022 Patient NPS HD vs. Retail.
- Optum Rx clinical analytics. Home delivery vs. retail study: Medication adherence among mail-order pharmacy users versus retail pharmacy users for direct commercial in 3 classes. January 2021–December 2021.